Wednesday 30 March 2011

A dingle of a dongle


Image source
Last week I had the arduous job of transferring an audio file recorded on my mobile phone somehow into something physical that I could hand in as a requirement for an assignment.
First thought? How on Earth do I do that?

Next..... Brainstorming!  Can I send the audio file to my teacher via SMS? NO. Can I email it as an attachment in an email? Yes. OK, so how do I do that?

Well, after many enquiries and with the help of a loyal family member, I ‘bluetoothed’ the audio file to a compatible Mac, and saved the file to my USB. Apparently my computer lacks Bluetooth technology, so I was informed that I needed to equip myself with a Bluetooth dongle. A Bluetooth dongle? WTF?....Surely a prank, part of a funny video show with a secret audience amusingly watching on as I naively ask the assistant at Officeworks where the dongles are kept? Well, apparently not, a dongle does indeed exist. So that of course is next on my list of things to do...

Next problem? Email of audio, not sufficient, must be a hard copy attached to written assignment! AARRGGHHH! Again, with the help of some technology savvy peers, download the file to a disc. Two discs and $5 later, still no audio burnt to disc. AARRRGGGHH once again! So after a quick side trip to Officeworks and with the help of a not so helpful assistant or perhaps an arse-istant, I had a copy of the audio on a disc with 50 more discs in hand as a pity purchase, and a smile on my face.

As this was quite a stressful and trying event, upon arriving home, I tried to burn the required audio to a disc myself ( I figured I had 50 spares, so no great drama if I ruined a few) After a few minutes of ‘what do I do-ness?’, and Voila! Success! At last....and all by myself!

What a little technology nut I am becoming, just don’t ask me to show you my dongle....

                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment