Tuesday 8 March 2011

Mmmmm Delicious

So, apparently I am living in the dark ages! It appears that my ‘favourites’ panel on my laptop (or is that now an outdated word?) which, btw (by the way) I only discovered its purpose and usefulness last year, has now been overtaken by WebPages such as delicious.
Now, me being the budding chef that I am thought I may have been subscribing, filing or downloading an array of scrumptious new recipes ideas from ‘Delicious’ magazine...(excitement overload). However upon the realisation of its purpose, my initial dismay was overcome with amazement at such an ingenious system of retaining records that are accessible online, not only from your PC. This was, I thought, an issue with the ‘bookmarking’ or ‘favouriting’ tabs of yesteryear.
Being able to categorise, share and link favoured websites to the online community is not only a useful resource in the world of teaching but in everyday life. The ease and accessibility of locating such resources in this manner with their relevance and popularity displayed, further enhances and simplifies the research experience (and we all know what a joy that can be at times). The option of retaining privacy for those ‘unsharable’ websites (yes, you know the ones) is an added bonus. Where do these technological innovators come up with all these ideas and notions for making life so easy??
 I leave you now to import my favourites to delicious and perhaps I will come across a few delicious favourites along the way...
Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment