Sunday 6 March 2011

Hi....my name is!

Hi, my name is Belinda. This is my second year at University.
I completed my HSC in 1993 and at the time had a desire to work and travel rather than study for another four to six years, hence the decision to enroll in University at the ripe old age of 35.  

This decision was not made lightly; life as I knew it no longer exists and I have had to alter many aspects of both my professional life as well as my personal life to make this transition. However, this has been the greatest decision of my life thus far, and I believe that I am on my way to becoming a person who truly loves and is passionate about their career.

I work as a nanny when I am not at Uni and have done for the past seventeen years. I have looked after children between the ages of newborn and 16. Recently I attended a 21st of one of them, who was only 7 years old when I began looking after her. Needless to say I went home and drowned my sorrows that evening as I felt so very old after attending the event!

I anticipate that learning the technologies of today in this subject will increase my confidence and knowledge of the rapidly changing world of technology. Computers were not introduced to me educationally until Year 9, with word processing being the only ‘task’ we could perform, so, I class myself as ‘Technologically Challenged’, and believe that this subject will quash any disadvantages and unfamiliarity that I may have acquired along the way. (At least I hope).

 I understand that a concerted effort is necessary on my behalf to conform to this technology fuelled era, especially in regards to my teaching, and I am committed to giving it my best shot!

Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment