Monday 21 March 2011

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No......it’s an Aviary!

This week in class we were introduced to the technology of creating audio files. The aim of the lesson was to create a podcast.  Mac’s Garageband was my first experience with such technology, and boy have I had some fun with it.
Whilst dabbling with audio technology I discovered the many features of such an interactive program,after much confusion I have nutted out my first podcast.


You can select your gender, background music and blend your recorded audio with the tracks selected, enhance your voice and edit the many stammers and stutters that frequent the recording. A limitation of this in class was, due to the nature of the classroom, muffled background noise appeared on the track, even with the added security of personal earphones to help block out noise.


I love the idea of podcasting in and for the classroom. Being able to podcast lessons for student review or even more so using this medium as a tool to enhance the literacy skills of students is such a fabulous resource. Windows friendly versions like audacity and aviary are equally as good as garageband, and for those non-mac friendly users like myself, make it accessible to all.


I am excited to announce that I have uploaded my very first podcast regarding the rapper of a resource  – teachertube,  to not only this blog but my twitter  account also. Check it out!


Just incase you haven't had enough of my rantings, you can follow me on twitter too! 

                                                                       image source

1 comment: