Sunday 10 April 2011

What's all the hype with Skype?

 When we were asked to be prompt to class this week due to a special guest, I would never have thought this special guest would have been beaming into our classroom via Skype.


Now, let me fill you in on the hype about Skype! How have I lived apart from some of my nearest and dearest without this technology?? Why have I been paying s*%tloads of money in international and interstate phone bills? How come no-one until now had introduced me to this fantastic, economic, ingenious source of communication?


Carmel Burke, a teacher with many years experience chatted to us interactively regarding the diversity of using digital media in the classroom. She talked of ways digital storytelling can enhance all KLA's of the curriculum in and outside of the classroom. Something that I now plan on integrating into my classroom as I ride the wave of technology on my surfboard of newly acquired knowledge.


However, there is a downside to this technology......one cannot skype in pyjamas, and must look presentable at the least!


Image source
                                 Hmmm, maybe the phone still serves a purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment